Is It Time to Recreate Your Business?
There's nothing lasting in this world except for change! At times our business was going awesome, but since of market changes or different conditions.. Discover the 3 warning signs that tells you it’s time to recreate your business & 3 steps to do so! Watch now!
Hello and welcome! Stop, stop, stop your scrolling and put on your earbuds because you are going to want to listen to this. Today we are talking about, “Is it time for you to recreate your business?” Now, this is really important. I was talking with a new client this week and one of the things that she said was, “Absolutely!” I was just so shocked because I really felt what this person was feeling. I’ll share more about that with you in a moment. Today we’re going to be asking the question, “Is it time to recreate your business?” I’m going to be sharing with you 3 signs that, it is time for you to recreate your business. If that’s the case for you, 3 steps that you can take to do so. I’ve also got an amazing thing for you as well. So make sure you listen to the end for that.
Right, for those of you do don’t know me, my name is Una Doyle. I’m the founder of CreativeFlow.tv and a business coach for creative business owners who want to be happy, healthy, and wealthy. So I help them to do that. It’s all about creative soul expression, putting the right structures and things in your business. It's all about getting into a creative flow. This is why I named the business this.
The reason I was inspired to create this video for you is because this person who I was speaking with this week said to me - and this is her own words - “I’m grieving for the business that I used to have.” And I was just, “Oh my God.” I was shook to the core by that. It really touched me because this is somebody who has had a more successful business in the past. However, they’ve had changes in the life circumstances which is meant that things had to change. But actually, the business hasn’t quite changed with it - not in the way that is actually really helping them to be the way they want it. So I thought, you know what, this is is not the first time I’ve come across people experiencing something like this. I thought this is going to resonate with some other people.
So here are the 3 signs that if it’s time for you to recreate your business.
- You’re burnt out - Being burnt out isn’t reserved for the jet setters that are kind of flying the around the world having to cope different time zones and the like. Certainly, that’s what I used to think. But being simply burnt out means you’re exhausted. It means that you are tired all the time. It means that you’ve lost enthusiasm. And for what it is that you’re doing, it’s the thought of doing the work that you should do is just too draining for you. Now, sometimes this happens because people have transitioned into another stage of their business. If they don’t do that in the right way then they will actually find themselves doing a lot of tasks and activities in order for the business to be successful at that stage of its growth. But they’re not doing it in the right way using the right strategies, the right business model, and things like that that suits them; that suits their personality and their natural strengths. It's not going to help them. It means that they get out of flow and they get burnt out and that generally tends to be quite stressful for people. So, obviously we don’t want that.
- It’s just not fun anymore - Now, it can be the case that people enjoy certain parts of their work - quite often, the client delivery bit. But because of your need to recreate your business, running the business just isn’t fun anymore. So that means you need to change strategies. In the steps I’ll share with you how you can best do that.
- You’re probably paying your bills quite easily - But yet you don’t have the life that you’d love to have which is why you set up the business in first place. This could either be because of a lack of time or it can be because running the business has become too stressful. So you got those two reasons there as to why you’re not having the life you actually wanted. Now, as I said, there can be different reason why this can come about. It might be because of life circumstances. Maybe you didn’t use to have a family and now you have one. Maybe you did have a family and now they’re grown up and gone away. Maybe you have elderly parents. Maybe your health has changed. Maybe you moved to a new location and you’re living a different kind of lifestyle but you haven’t changed your business to suit. And maybe it’s because you’ve been kind of moving up those different stages. Because of that you haven’t adjusted your business to suit it. You are trying to catch up and it’s just not working for you.
If you’re resonating with any of these things, then here’s what you need to do about it.
- Dive deeper into your purpose. Reconnect with why you set up your business in the first place. Now I know for most people there’s some aspect of freedom. There's some aspect of, “Well, I want to have a better lifestyle. I want to earn more money than I could as an employee. But usually there’s something deeper than that. If you haven’t explored that ever, now is definitely the time to do it. Because maybe, getting your business to where it should be is enough to drive you. You want something more meaningful from your business. Maybe that’s why you’re losing enthusiasm and feeling burnt out. So this is the time to dive deep into that. I was working with some new clients earlier this week and I started talking about some of these. And they’re like kind of “ooh, isn’t it deep?” And I would say, “Well, yeah.” I came across this amazing quote by Stephen R. Covey, the author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It's an amazing book if you’ve never read it. It was actually a book that completely pivoted my life into a whole new direction. He said, “Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside.” I just think it’s so powerful. Let me read that for you again. “Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside.” Amazing.
- Make sure that you have identified the best business models and strategies for you to use in your business from the way that you grow your business to the tasks and activities that you’re doing on a day-to-day basis and how you structure that into your week. This means you’re going to spend as much time as possible in flow. If you don’t know what I mean by flow, think about being "in the zone". It's just a time when everything kind of seems to move smoothly. I’ve had two or three clients in the last few weeks say to me, “I create my best work when I’m in flow.” They can see that even though the work they do is good when they’re not in flow, it's because they’re skilled and talented. Yet, there’s just something extra about when they’re in flow that make them feel proud of the work that they’ve done. So, I know if you probably want to recapture that feeling, it is best for you to recreate your business.
- If you were to ask yourself this question, "if you were to start your business from scratch today, knowing all this now and particularly in knowing the best models and strategies and things like that, would you?" This also means the best people to have around you, in your team or teams, that you would use to support you through outsourcing, etc. So if you were to start your business again from scratch, what would it look like? Because now it's different. It’s easy to just keep in that groove and get stuck in a bit of a rut. That’s something else that someone else said to me this week that they felt their business have gotten stuck in a rut and it was time to get out of that. In order to do that we need to have this kind of exploration. So the answers to those questions and explorations will help you understand how to recreate your business. Obviously, I’m happy to help you do that as well. Just head to the website and get in touch with me.
Sometimes, the reason why people get a bit stuck and a bit burnt out is because they’re working really hard but they’re not charging enough for the services. So I created this amazing guide. I love it. It looks beautiful as well. It’s called “The Number One Sure Fire Strategy to Raise Your Prices Without Pushback”. Because I have people saying to me that, “Well I’d love to raise my prices. I know I deserve more. I know someone over there is charging more than I am, and I’m at least as good as they are if not better.” So this is what they are feeling. But when they present this to their clients, they’re getting this pushback. They're either saying, “No, I’m going to go somewhere cheaper” or they’re trying to negotiate with them. I don’t want you to be in that situation. So if you use this strategy, you will be able to attract higher paying clients. That is often all you need to do in order to be able to deal with these warning signs. Maybe you don’t need to go through a whole exploration for your business. It is a good thing to do every now and again anyway just to kind of refresh it. But raising your prices can be really important. If you check the first comment and check the information below, you will see the link there.
So, I’m going to leave it there. Have you found this of value? If you have, please share this out. I want to get this kind of information to as many creatives as possible. I’m on a mission to help as many creatives to make the transformation into happy, healthy, wealthy, and creative entrepreneurs. This kind of knowledge is really helpful. So, please help me share this mission and help all the many creatives around the world to get access to this. Every time I interact with people, so many of them are saying they find these videos of real help. I always look to make, make sure there’s some kind of actual thing from it that you can do. Have you got a question? Have you got an experience? Please put it on the comments. I would love to hear from you. I want to converse with you. So do that and little notification goes off, I will make sure to come back and to respond to you. Remember, go and get your free guide, "The Number One Sure Fire Strategy to Raise Your Prices Without Pushback". Okay, I’ve got to run. Love to speak with you again same time next week. The show happens 4:30 GMT and that’s 11:30 AM EST. Okay, see you next week. Bye!
About the Author
Una is a Business Coach & Strategist for Creative Services Providers (Design, Animation, Marketing/Digital Agencies, etc.). She helps them to stand out from the crowd confidently & profitably so they can attract high-level, 'Ready to Invest' clients, doing creative work that fills their hearts with pride - WITHOUT selling their soul or adding extra workload.